The EPIRB 1st National Coordination Committee meeting for Azerbaijan will take place on 6th of June, 2013 in Baku, Azerbaijan. Its main purpose is to inform the representatives of key beneficiary institutions, including Ministry of Ecology and Natural Resources of Azerbaijan, National Environmental Monitoring Department (MENR), National Hydro-meteorology Department (MENR), National Geological Exploration Service (MENR), as well as the State Water Resources Agency, AzerSu (water supply and sanitation company), Amelioration and Water Farm JSC, EU Delegation to Azerbaijan, representatives of NGO sector and academia about activities of the project in Azerbaijan and receive NCC member views on the completed works in Azerbaijan and plans for follow up activities.
Main items to be discussed are:
- status of the EPIRB project
- project activities in Azerbaijan
- basin analyses for RBMP for Central Kura pilot basin district
- water body delineation in Central Kura pilot basin district
- project support for country Implementation of UNECE Water and Danube River Protection Conventions, including Azerbaijan
As a result of the meeting for each of the above items main recommendations will be identified and taken into consideration during the project work in the future. The mechanism of keeping NCC members and other stakeholders informed about ongoing project work and for their active involvement into project work will be discussed and identified in the meeting.
- Project Management Activities
- The Central Kura Basin (Ganjachay, Shamkirchai, Tovuzchay, Agstafachay)