High-level meeting helps pave the way to efficient management of water resources.
Kiev, Ukraine — A Joint High-Level Meeting of the “Environmental Protection of International River Basins” (EPIRB) and EU Water Initiative Plus (EUWU+) projects will focus on achieving efficient management of national and transboundary water resources through closer approximation with the EU acquis.
The primary aim of this Joint High level Meeting on 19-20 September, 2016 is to bridge the activities of two EU-funded projects by first taking stock of the results of policy reforms that the EPIRB project has facilitated, and then to establish feasible outcome indicators and priority activities for the upcoming "EU Water Initiative Plus" project, which starts in 2016. In parallel, bilateral national-level meetings will be held in order to define a differentiated, demand-driven package of measures for each partner country and to give shape to the longer-term agenda of National Policy Dialogues.
This important meeting will bring together representatives from beneficiary countries, related project personnel and project partners, NGOs and other stakeholders. Distinguished speakers include:
- Mr. Mykola Kuzio, Deputy Minister for European Integration, Minister of Ecology and Natural Resources of Ukraine
- Mr. Georges-Stavros Kremlis, Head of Unit, DG Environment, European Commission
- Ms. Carmen Neagu, Senior adviser, Directorate of Water Resources Management, Ministry of Environment, Waters and Forests of Romania
- Ms. Ivelina Dilovska, Project Director, Hulla and Co. Human Dynamics KG
- Mr. Timothy Turner, Team Leader of EPIRB project
Journalists interested in covering this event are invited to attend the first half of the meeting (from 09:00 till 13:00). Simultaneous translation will be provided. The meeting will take place in Kyiv, Ukraine, at the Conference Hall of the Hotel “President” (12 Hospitalna Str.).
For any additional information, please contact Evgenii Grigorenko: email@example.com.
For more information on the EPIRB project, please visit the project website: www.blacksea-riverbasins.net.