On March 20-21st, in Minsk, Republic of Belarus the project held the first of a series Regional River Basin Management Planning workshops. The workshop’s objective was to introduce the EPIRB project technical team to the RBMP contractors and to gain a common understanding of RBMP development over the next 12 months and detail the project support to be provided.
- An overview of RBMP under WFD with case studies from member states;
- Risk Assessment and Monitoring Programme Design;
- Environmental Objectives;
- Programme of Measures; and
- Public Awareness Rising and Consultation
Each presentation was followed by a break-out session where participants in their basin groups responded to specific questions posed by the project team relating to the development of the basin plans. .
The main speakers at the workshop were:
- Mr Zurab Jincharadze, Project Deputy Team Leader (KE2) and RBMP expert
- Ms Birgit Vogel, Senior Basin Management Expert (NKE)
- Ms Imola Coszta, Water Management Expert, the Regional Environmental Centre for Central and Eastern Europe (REC)
- Mr Timothy Turner, Project Team Leader (KE1)
- 2. Development of joint River Basin Management Plans (RBMPs) for selected river basins